Gambling is an addiction and online gaming has made more so as there isn’t time limit and it can be played anytime anywhere with the handheld devices that are available. This has made the people
Gambling is an addiction and online gaming has made more so as there isn’t time limit and it can be played anytime anywhere with the handheld devices that are available. This has made the people keep playing and not get a reality check of interacting with real people and their state of health mind. This level of addiction not only harms your bank balance but your relationships in life too. Therapists have long warned about these addictions and they have blurted out the repercussions of too much gambling especially online. Check out for more brands here.
How to know you are addicted
When you are playing for very long hours and do not feel interested in anything else, keep checking your account and the find excuses to get back to playing. Trying to put in more and more money to play instead of other useful purchases or expenditure. Fatigue, tiredness and always thinking of the game are some of the symptoms that counsellors have observed. Check this out on her latest blog.
Some of the solutions that have been tried and tested
These are tips from people who were once addicted to slots and how they overcame it.
- When you picture yourself losing big money will be a big damper for you to give up the idea of playing. Think of this every time you get the urge to play, it sure will help if you will yourself away with this thought.
- Find some other exciting hobby to compensate such as shopping, chilling with friends and family, going trekking and other adventure trips, taking up a new hobby or reading something new and interesting etc.
- There is help in the form of gamblers anonymous meetings that are set up by organisations which help you interact with other addicts and sharing each other’s experiences will help you understand how much you have a problem and how you should strive to solve it.
- Making a list with the time and money you have wasted on gambling could have been utilised for would make you realise how better you could led your life.
- Seeking a counsellor’s help is validated, as they can bring in their expertise and solve your anxiety to quit. They will guide you to the path of recovery. They will help get involve yourself in interesting activities and come out to friends and family about the addiction and help them help you get rid of it. This way you will have support from all sides and this will help you to confidently let go of the addiction that has been a big bother for you.
- Avoiding the environment that drives you to get back to gambling such as casinos, friends or acquaintances who play, the devices or the room you play with etc. should be kept far away till you are sure you could actually fight the urge.